Located in the San Juan Mountains 15 minutes FROM DOWNTOWN Durango, CO, the Colorado Running Ranch is a premiere high altitude distance running CENTER.
at 8,000' elevation with trails out the door and EASY ACCESS UP TO 12,000', the ranch Supports groups of UP TO 26 athletes at any one time.
Colorado Running Ranch (CRR) was founded with one purpose: to be a world class training base for distance runners seeking to develop their endurance. The science is clear. Train at altitude or risk not maximizing your running potential.
CRR is located in the San Juan Mountain range in Durango, CO a town known for its extensive national forest access, outdoor culture, and southwest cuisine. A host of world class professional endurance athletes are also based in Durango. Programs based out of CRR have access to two 400m tracks at 6,500' elevation, natural hot spring pools and a full service gym all within a 20 minute drive. Soft surface wide running locations for high tempo runs and fartlek training as well as one 400m track are available at 5,200' elevation.
The Ranch, designed by architect and professional ultra-marathoner Marco Zuniga, reflects a deep love of the mountains, a sensibility for the importance of true rest and recovery, and a careful attention to detail for every aspect of the runner's life.
LIFE AT THE RANCH: CRR ACCOMMODATIONS
CRR AcCOMMODATIONS FEATURE:
- This three story ranch home-base offers comfortable accommodations for 16 athletes + coaches. On-site amenities include: a freshwater cold creek for natural lower body ice-baths, a full size industrial kitchen, on-site parking for vans or buses, ample platform space for yoga sessions, as well as two entertainment areas.
- 3 floors
- 6 bedrooms
- 3.5 bathrooms w/ in-floor heating in all bathrooms
- Mountain creek adjacent to bonfire area
- Outdoor bonfire area w/ space for full team meetings
- Easy access to mountain trails
- 20 min drive from Lemon Reservoir or downtown Durango with restaurants, gym access, swimming pool, massage therapy, yoga, museums, cinema, health and beauty spa, and nightlife
- Master bedroom for coaches + custom oversize stone shower and jacuzzi tub
- Fully equipped modern kitchen and pantry
- Open floor plan living and dining room with entertainment system
- High vaulted ceiling in second floor game room with satellite tv, blu-ray player, video game console, pool table, games, and books
- Huge covered porch with large gas BBQ grill
- Top floor bedroom balcony
- Washing machine and dryer
- For larger groups, CRR facilities include an adjacent second lodge and can accommodate in total up to 26 guests across the two spaces.